A Stroke of Faith tells the story of moving from Acceptance to Surrender and from Hope to Faith. It reveals God’s work in Mark’s life as He transformed him fromthinking he had everything under control to knowing God has had control all along.
1. Learn what it truly means to rely completely on Christ for all things. A Stroke of Faith tells the moving story of the CFO and co-owner of a multi-million dollar company who stared down fear as he had to learn to write a check again, no less swallow, tie his shoes and walk;
2. Have their faith strengthened and will be encouraged to surrender and ask God to transform their lives, through their own experiences, to be difference makers in their homes and communities. A Stroke of Faith tells the story of how God used a few friends and family members to help Mark move from acceptance to surrender and from hope to faith.
3. Better understand how to be loving friends, care-takers and encouragers to family and even strangers who are recovering from strokes, serious injury or surgery or dealing with the reality of a terminal illness. A Stroke of Faith will serve as a transformative, spiritual road map to recovery and significance for all who are faced providing care and comfort to loved ones and friends in crisis; and,
4. Become more aware of how much they can do when given a second chance.A Stroke of Faith is the story of how one man accepted that through this test of his very life, he was given a second chance to give back to his family, his friends, his community and his church in ways he never dreamed possible.
5. Understand the challenges faced by stroke victims and their care givers. A Stroke of Faith walks the reader through the crisis and the recovery process including insights from loved ones, friends and care givers.
A Stroke of Faith offers an admirable role model whose own journey of acceptance and surrender is both inspiring and transformative. Mark’s story will also appeal to others in the stroke victims’ lives who work to support their loved ones and also keep their own spirits high through prayer, community and helping out any way they can. One of Mark’s most poignant challenges to family and friends with loved ones in crisis and recovery, even when they may be in a coma, as he was for over a month, is to not worry about what to say and just show up. Yes, being there is a precious gift to give and Mark knows the presence of friends was a key factor in his recovery and encouragement.
A Stoke of Faith is the moving story of one man waking up to a new life and calling in Christ. It will inspire and motivate readers to “show up” when friends and family are in trouble, never give in to seemingly hopeless situations and trust that God will not give them anything He can’t also provide them the grace and strength to endure.